Monday, July 29, 2013

Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cookies - Better Homes and Gardens Recipes

Who doesn't love chocolate chip cookies? I've tried a bunch of different recipes and I always go back to this one.


Prep: 25 minutes        Bake: 8 minutes per batch

1/2 c shortening(I use butter flavor)
1/2 c butter or margarine
1/2 c granulated sugar
1 c packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1-12 oz package (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 c chopped nuts(optional)

  1. In large mixing bowl beat the shortening and butter with electric mixer on medium for 30 seconds. Add sugars and baking soda. Beat till combined, scraping sides of bowl. Beat in the eggs and vanilla till combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with mixer, stir in remaining flour and chocolate chips with large spoon.
  2. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 375° oven 8-10 minutes or till lightly browned. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Makes about 60 cookies.



Source: Better Homes and Gardens

The  first Better Homes and Gardens cookbook was introduced in 1930 and has been found in America's kitchens ever since. It was in my kitchen growing up and is still the place I go to look for classic recipes as well as new ideas on those days where I just don't know what to make. I thought it would be fun to share my favorite recipes that I cook for my family and maybe try some new ones. Some of the recipes I follow may be different that those you find on the BHG website just because the BHG test kitchens are always updating their recipes to reflect changes in America's tastes, techniques, and lifestyles. Any recipes I make will be coming from Better Homes and Gardens, New Cook Book(11th and 14th Edition) and Better Homes and Gardens, Our Best Recipes. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, thanks for the bloglovin follow. I am following your blog now with bloglovin and google friend connect! I look forward to getting to know you and your blog. The chocolate chip cookies look so good!
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. I enjoyed seeing your crochet projects on your blog. I'm hoping to open an Etsy store soon to sell my own crochet projects.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...